Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Week 11/12: Ch. 12 Question 1


“You are feeling like a doormat -- but not everyone sees you that way! In fact, your great energy helps you to say no just as often as you should. You may need to adjust your expectations.” (Yahoo Horoscope for Pisces November 13, 2012)

Firstly, I am not feeling like a doormat! I have not interacted with enough people today to feel like I have been used or that I give in easily to what people tell me to do. However, a friend did text me yesterday, asking me to work with her on an essay that is due next Monday. I know that she is fully capable of writing it on her own and just wants to work with me to make it easier for her. For our first essay, we worked together because she didn’t get to read the book since she enrolled late to class. That was acceptable because obviously she needed help. But for this paper, we’ve been reading a Superman comic book that she should’ve been reading as well so why does she need my help? It’s only a 3-4 page paper on Superman, for goodness’ sake! Anyway, I’m getting all enraged here. I said “no, I can’t help you this time” not just because I knew that she could do in on her own, but I have so much stuff due for other classes. 

So, creepily enough, this horoscope somehow applies to my situation. But like mentioned in the book, horoscopes are usually so vague that they could apply to most people’s situations. The prediction is definitely falsifiable because this all happened yesterday. Plus, I’m not necessarily feeling like a doormat. I haven’t given in to anything today. I just went to school and went back home. Lol.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting situation you’ve got there, I hope there was no hard feelings between you two lol. But anyways, this is a good example on how Horoscopes can be very vague. As you stated it happened a day before the actual event and that the prediction was falsifiable. Many of the horoscopes I read today through other students blogs say that their horoscopes are somewhat accurate. Although it interesting to read about it shouldn't be something we should rely upon. In my opinion, when reading these horoscopes we often believe that it should be something we might even have to follow especially when we read it first in the beginning of our days because we've read it and its lingering in our heads and we might do it subconsciously.

    ReplyDelete