Friday, September 28, 2012

Week 9/24: Chapter 2 Question 1



I can identify memorization as one of my strengths. I can look at an image and remember it quite easily later. I also come up with mnemonic devices like acronyms or pictures that really help me with exams or simply remembering things. This strength stems from taking science courses since science, although constantly changing, is pretty much fixed once proven and so memorizing concepts is effective in learning those concepts. Last semester, I took physiology which is the hardest course I have had to take so far. That class required a lot of memorization of bodily processes and functions that were extensive and detailed down to the smallest units of the body. Having the ability to memorize, and I mean actually learn things by heart and remembering without struggling, comes in handy in learning a course like physiology. I’m currently majoring in pre-nursing where that skill would also be helpful. In studying nursing, we have to remember a lot of things like drugs and dosages. In actually doing the job, we have to decide and remember things quickly. I think the reasoning that best applies to nursing is determining the conditions a patient has and then figuring out what that illness or diagnosis is. We have to know certain symptoms and conditions and conclude from there what to do after.

No comments:

Post a Comment