Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Last Week: Question 1


Over the course of the semester, I have learned a lot about the different ways of arguing, reasoning, and communicating effectively. I found the concept deductive and inductive arguments really helpful because they are part of the basics of our decision-making. They also help a lot with writing papers and essays.  I have also learned a lot about different fallacies and this is especially interesting because I realized that I’ve definitely committed some fallacies before. What we think may be a small thing like being slightly ambiguous for instance is already considered a fallacy. Even making some grammatical errors in arguments is also a fallacy. I’ve learned that we really have to be careful when we’re arguing whether it’d be on a paper or with someone. Overall, thinking logically before we act was the most applicable concept I learned this semester. I’m sure I will be able to use those guidelines for reasoning and logic in the future, whether it’d be at work or school or just daily life choices.

1 comment:

  1. I agree that the inductive and deductive reasoning are two key topics this semester that we can carry with us throughout our lives. These topics affect us and apply to our daily livings, and that is why I believe these were two of the most important topics of the semester. Knowing fallacies is a great way to decide how you feel on certain topics and is a great way of analyzing other people's reasoning and logic. Because of this, I do believe this class will go a long way in helping us in the future with our logical thinking through out our daily lives.

    ReplyDelete